rss
twitter
    Solar Power Generator Wholesale Supplies

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Norwegians Play Drunk Football

I'm embarrassed by it, but I have a strong aversion to videos. There's something off putting about the YouTube app launching. For me its a fear of what volume my phone or laptop will be at when it starts and whether this will be an issue. Oh my fucking god, clicking on any link that leads to a "news" website is a race to simultaneously figure out where the laggy scrolling is going to land, determine whether the video is going to autoplay (SPOILER ALERT: OF COURSE IT IS), and click the stop button as soon as it starts playing. I absolutely fucking hate watching news video clips and would rather read the article 100% of the time. End rant.

I'm more mindful of the data usage. No way in hell am I running YouTube if I'm not on wifi. Watching a few gifs while I'm in the grocery line or on my break at work isn't too bad. I use Slide for Reddit on android with the video plugin. Gifs and videos work seamlessly inside the app as if they were the same. Disable it. F u-tube. Unless its for people doing dumb things and you need more of a laugh then you can get on reddit

You do not have to launch the youtube app. YouTube videos can be played in your mobile browser just like what we call "gifs" today. It happens automatically for me in safari. I don't know how to stop it and i'm too lazy to google around to see if i could stop it. even if i knew how to stop it i'm probably too lazy to implement the fix.I remember seeing a video similar to this where 20 amateurs and 10 pros play a game of soccer. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I was once on the telephone with Blockbuster video, which is a very old-fashioned sentence. It is. I was on the telephone with Blockbuster video. That’s like when your grandma would be like, ‘We’d all go play jacks down at the soda fountain!’. You’re like 'No one knows what you’re talking about, you idiot!’, you know how you talk to your grandma?" - John Mulaney, from his standup. 

It's actually not far off. I work at a movie production company, and we sometimes have clients who wants a short spotfilm or portrait to put on the facebook page, which means the film has to be viewable without sound. So we have to turn regular bits into kinda silent movies, and the trend is hugely catching on .I think almost everyone in Western world except the Slavs used to start on Sunday, starting with the Ancient Greeks and the Hebrew peoples. More recently, ISO changed the standard to Monday, probably to match up more with the work week.

Except when half the league is a bunch of people who just want to have fun and play drunk kickball, and the other half are people who gets fucking league team shirts custom made, wear soccer cleats to games, contest every call, intentionally block the baseline, steal bases, and then talk a lot of trash.As a teenager I used to always show up to my hockey games drunk. I regret it. I probably could have done much better. Now as a 28 yr old I feel like if I tried that I wouldn't be able to leave the locker room.

You learn something new everyday. Also why I don't feel so bad about spending 3 hours on Reddit in bed when I should be sleep. I always sleep smarter.Do you know what it means when somebody puts a number as the denominator for the percentage sign? I see it every now and then, it has a 38 or something in the place of the 0.Nah, the numerator is a 0 like in the percent symbol. I have a co-worker that uses it in her notation all the time and I've seen it intermittently, whenever a percent sign is being used as a random character instead of indicating a percentage.

You're not considered especially drunk here either at 1‰, so I bet there's some ethical or other stuff (acting) involved. We're pretty puritan so mixing alcohol and sports is still controversial on television. Edit: This source says nothing of the sort, only till you get to 2x the legal limit (.13-.16) do you get "gross motor impairment" which even then I doubt you are close to the supposed halfed reaction time. You can easily play catch at that level.

Problem is cops right now cant. if they make you blow, and you fail the test, its an automatic dui. i know many cops hate that. they would rather have the authority to let you go if they think youre ok. Same in Ireland. You can basically have one half measure and no more. Our drink driving laws are very strict here. One DWI and licence suspended. There was recently a minister in Sweden, Aida Hadzialic, who got fired after a huge "scandal" where she had 0,2 per mille in her blood driving from Denmark to Sweden. Literally had had 2 glasses of wine earlier that evening lol, people don't mess around here when it comes to drunk driving .MDMA would just be people being slightly intoxicated but playing well. MDMA doesn't impair you all that much. It's actually performance enhancing at specific lower doses. It's after all similar to amphetamines to a certain degree.

To be more specific I'm referring to people who have already used these drugs before. Someone who has never used LSD before is far more likely to get distracted or have a bad trip than someone who hasn't. It can be a very powerful experience. So can MDMA. I did this once playing tennis. I honestly believed I was gonna play great, even threw in some trash talking beforehand, and after I badly lost I still wasn't blaming it on alcohol. What confuses me the most is, why a bunch of norwegians would decide to play drunk football wearing a palestine trikot?! Is there some subtle joke that I don't get?

No comments:

Post a Comment