rss
twitter
    Solar Power Generator Wholesale Supplies

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Anti-Defamation League Declares Pepe the Frog a Hate Symbol

This was actually found on the ADL's website. I have no idea why they even posted this. I mean, it's not like I can't tell for myself that a Pepe in a Nazi uniform is a symbol of hate vs just a green frog. Could you guys go back to educating people about actual hate groups, please? Good grief.

Yeah if someone like, photoshopped Mickey Mouse in a Hitler outfit then that particular image would be offensive, but it doesn't make all Mickey Mouses offensive.I'm sure somewhere out there is an image of Mickey Mouse in a Klan outfit. Does that make Mickey and the gang a symbol of racism? No... That's what makes this thing so absurd. That doesn't make sense. Dat Boi was practically the messiah of memes. It came out of nowhere, with no relation to anything, except maybe a distant and tenuous relation to the short lived "we dem boyz" meme. It disappeared as quickly and suddenly as it came on.

Lets have a moment of silence for all those who perished in the meme wars. Who got gassed with that nasty cheeto dust that fills your lungs and drowned in the napalm of Mt.Dew. And suffered in the trenches reposting gamergate memes.The Pepe will lose some value, but it's already lost most of its value since it became mainstream. I would recommend to start using new memes with quickly rising value instead of the mainstream ones, which are unstable and their value tends to drop suddenly.That's what they said about rage comics. Look how the turned out. Completely taken over by reaction pics. Only troll face shows some life in middle school classrooms.

Me and my co-workers take memes super serious, as a joke. So the other day I found out one of my co-workers hadn't heard about Pepe before, and so they asked me to fill then in. So I go through it all, talking about its origin, it's r9k days and the concept of rare Pepe's, the great crash of the rare Pepe market, and its adoption into pol and being labeled as a hate status. My manager, who is a part of the memes are serious joke, just stared at me and said "Holy shit, why.... Are you some kind of meme historian?"

No comments:

Post a Comment