rss
twitter
    Solar Power Generator Wholesale Supplies

Sunday, September 18, 2016

France Bans Plastic Cups And Plates

My apartment neighbors(who were told any furniture left near the dumpster will not be picked up by the garbage men) proved that to me this week by somehow cutting a section of it off and jamming it all into the dumpster.I knew a guy that got rid of a VW Karmann Ghia one piece at a time through the trash. I don't know the full backstory but it took about a year to do it.It steel, just tell the local homeless population that you dont need this car intact any longer and park it somewhere secluded. It be gone in one day.

In my experience, you'll get around $140 if you drop off a car at the scrap yard (Pick and Pull), assuming it isn't ancient, or they decide not to accept it for some other reason. If it isn't running, they'll pick it up for you, but charge a towing cost out of your payout.Yup, scrapped my 2002 mustang convertible this year for $300. Had ~130k miles on it, and had JUST enough superficial damage to make it not street legal (got side-swiped by an 18-wheeler, he just kept going). Hence why it had to be taken care of.

When I moved out of my last apartment my wife and I couldn't get the couch out the front door. So, naturally, I cut it into pieces in my living room with an electric chainsaw. Found several pens and pencils hidden inside. It was an experience I can only describe as "oddly cathartic".Our solution? Throwing it outside the balcony into the bed of a truck. We did not anticipate the couch would bounce back into the neighbor's sliding glass doors below us.

Until a few weeks ago I lived outside of the city limits of a medium sized city in Mississippi (southern United States for those not aware). I had an old recliner I needed to get rid of that has been ruined by decades of use and the claws of two cats. I tried giving it away, but when that failed I tried to throw it out. The local waste management wouldn't take an item that large, and informed me I had to take it directly to the land fill. Well, the local landfill charged a $75 dollar fee regardless of the amount of waste you needed to haul in, and honestly I wasn't paying that much to get rid of the chair. So I unbolted all the metal frames from it and set my sawzall to the thing and cut it into small hunks.

I've done this before. Took a chainsaw to a couch after I used a knife to remove all the cloth to the best of my ability. Almost got a citation from a cop for loud noise. I explained what I was doing, and he let it slide.Friend's family had a rent house that they had to clean out after they found out it was being used to make drugs. According to her, they found a big outdoor-sized garbage can full of plates with food scraps on them. Apparently the drug makers, high-rollers that they were, would just buy brand new relatively decent dishes (i.e. ceramic, not plastic), use them once, and then throw them away instead of washing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment