rss
twitter
    Solar Power Generator Wholesale Supplies

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Portable Generator Gas-free Operated with Power Inverter Outputs

I purchased this generator to go with my ALLPOWERS 60W Foldable Sunpower Solar Panel Charger with iSolar™ Technology for Laptop, Tablet, ipad, ipod, Smartphone, iphone, Samsung, Blackberry, Acer, Asus, Dell, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo Notebooks, Laptops and More. Ever since I started CPAP treatment 15 years ago, I felt attached to an electric outlet. Now, I am finally free again to take my family camping and explore the wilderness. Last night's test drew down the Suaoki's power by about 100 Watt Hours. Put the solar panel out today, and the Suaoki was back up to full power in about 3 hours. I could get even better performance if my CPAP had a DC Inverter. But, as it I am extremely happy. I have 2 Suaoki's which gives me 4 nights no power, and with Solar I am confident I can spend quite a long time camping for only 15 pounds of portage!

We were having a outdoor memorial for my in-laws and wanted to show a slideshow on a big screen TV that we brought out. The 5 minute played well on the 40" flat panel and I wanted to test the capability of this battery. I own a StudioPro 600 LED light panel and want to be able to use it for outdoor photography. I plugged into the AC adapter and cranked both dials to max on this light panel and started my watch. 4 hours later the lights cut off. Wow! I'm really going to get a lot of use out of this battery.

Can't beat the price for a pre-packaged 220 watt hour lithium battery with sine wave inverter. However, it has many technical quirks that they leave out of the description. Any reference to 'solar' input below is based off the combined use of the Suaoki 60W Portable Sunpower Folding Solar Panel.

- Inverter and USB ports cannot be run off solar input. Only the DC outputs function. This was very disappointing for my desired use case.
- The LED charge indicator lights do very odd things while on solar input. (Sometimes they marquee indicating charging, sometimes they all light up and stay solid even though the battery is not fully charged, sometimes the marquee seems to indicate the level of energy coming from solar input but I am not 100% sure that is a real feature. At least the unit seems to charge regardless of the behavior of the LED lights.

- (The DC outputs are always live regardless of power switch state and DC charge/discharge) There is a single power switch for the AC inverter and USB ports. This means you are always energizing the inverter when using the USB ports. I was unable to get an answer as to how much energy loss this represents but I would think it's in the neighborhood of 4-5watts. Unfortunately, this burns stored energy needlessly when not using the inverter output. (since I was unable to get a technical response from Suaoki there may be an auto on/off mechanism for the inverter that is not advertised. Since I didn't receive an answer I will have to assume it wastes energy)

No comments:

Post a Comment