rss
twitter
    Solar Power Generator Wholesale Supplies

Monday, September 19, 2016

Portable Emergency Solar Hand Crank Power Generator

This is a dandy little radio. I bought it for when there are power outages or the cable goes off because when those things happen, you don't know what's going on in the world. I really haven't used it yet but I get it out every few weeks and play it and crank it to make sure it stays in top shape. It always works fine. The AM/FM radio works as does the weather radio and the flashlight is very bright. I haven't solar-charged it yet or charged my phone, but to me, those are just extra benefits because I got it for the hand crank radio. I have since bought two more of these radios for friends and will probably be getting more for other friends. Everyone needs to know what's going on in a blackout, and I think this radio is a must have. I love it.

I bought this multi-purpose gadget for use in camping. It can be a pain tracking down batteries right before a trip, or even worse, getting to a campsite and realizing your batteries are dead. With this gadget, batteries are no longer an issue. I like the fact that you can charge it up via the hand crank, the solar panel, or the micro USB port.
It does bear mentioning that this should not be considered as an adequate backup battery for a cell phone or tablet on its own. The internal battery has a capacity of 350 mAH and the solar panel is fairly small. So unless you want to continuously crank the dynamo for a couple of hours (here's a hint, you don't), you should only use it to keep your phone going in case of an emergency. I primarily wanted it for the flashlight function, which works great. Cranking the dynamo for about a minute will give you 20+ minutes of light, or about 5-10 minutes of radio listening. The speaker isn't fancy or have a huge range, but it works quite well for what it is.

Very handy to have on hand! It's much tinier than I had expected, but it does not take away from the efficiency. While we have not yet used it under extenuating circumstances, we did play with it a bit and it worked perfectly. Took us a while to figure out how to charge the iPhones. I would not depend on this to fully charge a phone, but rather to make emergency phone calls, etc. All in all, we are pleased with this and are glad to have it for emergencies.

I got this for my bug out bag and for camping. Bought the item on amazon prime day. The radio played right out of the box and had a nice sound. The flashlight on this is very bright. Has a port on the radio to plug your cell phone into to charge the phone. Has a USB port for a tablet or laptop to charge. The handle crank on radio is easy to turn and a durable handle. You can sit the radio in the sun and charge it that way. Solar powered but is not a fast charge but charges, non the less. Has a fairly decent sized antenna, that is extendable. This is a very good deal. Highly recommend purchasing one of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment