rss
twitter
    Solar Power Generator Wholesale Supplies

Sunday, September 11, 2016

What Is The Best Portable Generator

I bought the product a little over a month ago and have already used it on two separate camping trips. Both trips were two nights on which I have aired up three air mattresses, kept three phones charged, two tablets charged and used one electric fan over night. During both two night trips the battery never got below 80%. Overall very pleased with the product at this point.

I have now used this 40 times in the past year camping. I use a CPAP with this unit, and can use it for a weekend now without re-charging with still over 40% charge left. But, if you have a humidifier, keep it on low. If you keep your humidifier on high it will drain the battery much quicker. I can charge iPhones, iPads and much more without any issues, and find it extremely reliable. It is a great add to our hunting camp, and camping trips.

Yeti 1250 is a great product for the alternative gas powered generators. It's quiet, sleek, and never needs fossil fuel. I have my yeti connected to three 100w solar panels. Max input to the 1250 is by the Anderson power poles that peak at 240w. The intent being to be able to fully charge the unit in a one day (5hr) cycle because obviously if there was a serious emergence situation I would want the full capabilities of this unit indefinatly as long as sun light could reach the panels. The unit is great for urban activities as well such as camping and tailgating. When tailgating I sat it on the back of the truck and secure it so it doesn't move and when we arrive just push the button to turn it on. The only two downfalls to this units perfection to me is the fact that the unit has these hard wheels similar in function to the wheels on a shopping cart. If I really had to use this unit in an outdoor environment with uneven terrain the wheels might be an issue or if the ground is wet. It would be nice if they provide an alternative for that. Also, isn't not that big of a deal but for the price your paying it would be great if the roll cart assembly was telescopic so in the event the unit needs to transported in something smaller like a passenger vehicle that your don't have to keep fumbleming around with thing and potentially lose it or damage it.
The thing people need to understand about solar is what they are powering and how big the battery and inverter is. I have both the yeti 150 and yeti 1250 the 1250 will power a camper as long as the ac is not used. I got the 150 for laptops phones and lights and it only weighs 12 pounds so easy to carry around compared to a 100 pounds in the 1250. I have tons of UFO ENERGY gear and use it daily I like that they stand behind their products and customer service is always good. Many reviews on here that are negative are people not understanding power and the needs they have if you do understand you will be 100% satisfied.

This generator is a pretty solid piece of equipment. It's heavy, as one would expect, but it works as advertised. Being able to run my CPAP while recharging a couple of phones overnight is handy - it lasts three nights without recharging. Hooking up a UFO ENERGY solar panel is easy, but you really need a lot of draw to keep up with that kind of demand. Nevertheless, I am quite satisfied with this and would recommend it to anyone who won't have a lot of access to recharging for the short term.

I took it to Pennsic and disability services will give you time on an outlet to recharge it if you need to. Of course, some encampments have power and I was lucky to have nearby power I could use to recharge. However, I used a 30W solar panel to delay having to lug it up a hill to recharge at an outlet.

If you really want to make sure you don't need to recharge it off the grid or a gas generator, I suspect you need about 90W of panels on sunny days. I was getting about 20W of peak draw on a panel I just left on the roof of my tent without adjusting it for the sun, more like 15W most of the time. It was never enough to seriously add to its charge but it certainly made a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment