rss
twitter
    Solar Power Generator Wholesale Supplies

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Wholesale Portable Power 1800 Solar Generator

 actually got this "generator" through a rewards program at work.Once I found out I could get it through work, I ordered it, and I couldn't wait for it to arrive.

First, let me say (like others), this is NOT a generator. On it's own, it creates no electricity. It only stores power and provides an inverter, so that power can be used by all of today's devices.

I got the Yeti 400 to provide power for the family while camping, and to power my CPAP while I'm in the woods. For these uses, this power pack is perfect. I love that the display shows both how much power I'm using (the display can be changed to show usage in amps, watts, volts, amp hours or watt hours). My CPAP (Escape S8) uses about 20 watts/hour. So this thing good for about 3 nights worth of use. Of course, we use it for other devices, as well.
Luckily, this power pack can be charged from just about anywhere. You can charge it up from an AC outlet in just 5 hours. You can also charge it from solar panels (charging time varies, depending on wattage output) or from a vehicle (8mm Adapter Cable not included). Regardless of how you're charging it, the Yeti 400 display will show you exactly how much electricity is being stored from your input device.

I really enjoy the form factor for the Yeti. It's about the size and weight of a car battery. The lead acid battery inside of the Yeti is easy to replace, when the time comes for a new battery. Being a lead battery, this isn't something you want to deep cycle (drain to empty). Keep it charged up as much as possible whenever you can. Then, when you need the power, it'll be ready to go, and the battery should last a good, long time.

UPDATE: I've had this product for nearly a year. It still works well to power my CPAP on camping trips, but we use it for a lot of other stuff. It often charges our phones, smaller backup batteries, and a bluetooth speaker. I bought a Nomad 20W Solar Panel to help keep the battery topped-up, but it's a bit like trying to fill a dump truck using a coffee cup. It just isn't big enough for the job. For some reason, we're not always able to charge the battery using the car adapter these days. I'll have to play with it more, but it starts out saying it's getting 30W from the car, then it drops down until the current is too low to charge. For the cost of the Yeti 400, I'm sure it'll be worth getting it fixed. We use the car charger quite a bit when we're out camping and driving between different parks and trail heads. Overall, I'm still very pleased with my Yeti 400. It's expensive, but it very convenient in the field, and provides some peace of mind if the power ever goes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment